give in the future | Gertrude Salzer Gordon | Children's Museum of La Crosse | funmuseum.org

give in the future

Children's Museum of La Crosse donor Gertrude Salzer Gordon

Planned giving is a powerful tool for individuals who want to ensure that our region's children and families always have an affordable place where they can learn and play together.

The Children's Museum of La Crosse is a private, not-for-profit organization. No support is received from local, state or federal government sources. We are able to earn approximately 65% of our annual budget. The other 35% comes from generous people like you who make regular donations.

Gert's Seeds of Learning Society recognizes individuals who include the Gertrude Salzer Gordon Children's Museum in their will or other planned giving. Members are recognized (unless anonymity is preferred) on a permanent panel in the Museum.

Everyone can make a planned gift! It doesn't have to be thousands or millions of dollars. Every gift will make a difference.

One of the simplest ways to make a planned gift to the Museum is through your Will. If you are considering including the Children's Museum in your estate plan, the following language may be helpful:
"I irrevocably give, devise and bequeath to the Children's Museum of La Crosse (Tax ID#39-1856383, 207 5th Avenue South, La Crosse, WI 54601) the sum of $_____ (...or % of residuary estate...or description of a specific asset) to be used for general purposes."

There are many other planned giving options to meet your needs and those of your children/grandchildren while still supporting the future of the Children's Museum and its visitors. Several Children's Museum staff and volunteers have named the Museum as the beneficiary on their bank accounts, life insurance policies or retirement plans; others have set up Charitable Remainder Trusts, which provide income during the donor's life; and some people have given appreciated stock. Consult with your financial planner, attorney or accountant for help.

To learn more about the Children's Museum or Gert's Seeds of Learning Society, see the brochure or contact Anne (Steuer) Snow at 608-784-2652 x223 or anne@funmuseum.org.

Please inform us if you have already included the Children's Museum in your estate or financial plans.