PLAY it Forward campaign
Learn more about the value of children's museums in this article "Why We Need Children's Museums" by Richard Rende, PhD.
PLAY it forward is a special $2 million campaign to refurbish and re-imagine the museum from the inside out to prepare for the next million visitors. We are getting close to our goal, but additional gifts are needed.
A donor has offered to match gifts made between now and May 15, up to a total of $50,000! If you haven’t already made your PLAY it forward investment, giving now will DOUBLE your impact.
Will you PLAY it forward with us?
Key features of the proposed improvements and expansion to be supported by the fundraising campaign include:
- An exterior facelift
- A new, multi-level climbing structure and other new and refurbished exhibits
- The addition of an outdoor play patio
- The creation of a traveling exhibit
- Technological upgrades
- New programs, summer camp scholarships and subsidized field trips
- Facility upgrades including new boiler, HVAC upgrades, energy-efficient lighting, paint and carpet.
- Increasing the endowment, which largely supports access for economically disadvantaged families