Join the fun at the Children's Museum during the day OR see it in a whole new light ... after dark! From roasts to receptions, board meetings to holiday gatherings, the Children's Museum will provide a unique and enjoyable setting for your event! We take your fun seriously!
“The Children's Museum was the perfect place for our staff holiday party! Everyone had so much fun exploring the museum, and the time flew by. Thank you so much to the wonderful staff.”
"Our children and guests loved our hullabaloo party! I would highly recommend a party at the Children's Museum. Our community is fortunate to have such a great organization."
The Children’s Museum of La Crosse is the perfect place to host your next meeting, reception, or special event. The bright and whimsical décor, three floors of exciting hands-on exhibits, spacious theater and colorful party/meeting rooms provide an environment that will delight all of your guests! Our friendly staff will be happy to help you plan, organize and manage your upcoming event.
Each rental is unique so please contact us regarding pricing and availability for your specific event.
Meetings may be arranged with museum staff prior to rental to see spaces available or walk through specific set-up requests as needed.
Exclusive access to 3 floors of interactive exhibits + rooms as needed
Fee*: $325 per hour ($275 member/nonprofit groups)
Try a Hullabaloo for a discounted 2-hour rental!)
Times/Days Available: Mondays 9 am-10 pm, 5:30-10 pm Tue-Sun, 9 am-noon Sundays
Conference Room (private 3rd floor)
Fee*: $10 per hour or $50 for the whole day
Meeting/Program Room (basement)
Capacity: 40 (may vary with seating arrangement)
Fee*: $15 per hour
Times/Days Available: 9 am to 5 pm Mon-Sat,
Noon-5 pm Sundays
Hullabaloo (full museum)
(see Celebrate brochure for more information)
Fee*: $325 for 2 hours ($275 member/nonprofit groups)
+$100 for an additional hour 9 am-noon Sunday or 5:30-8:30 pm Tue-Sun
Times/Days Available: 5:30-7:30 pm Tue-Sun or
10 am-Noon Sun
Capacity: 40 with tables & chairs, 60 with chairs, 90 without
Fee*: $100 up to 2 hours ($75 member/nonprofit groups)
Times/Days Available: 9 am - 5 pm Mon-Sat,
Noon-5 pm Sundays
THIS SPACE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION BUT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR FUTURE RENTALS. PLEASE INQUIRE WITH US ABOUT DATES IN THE FUTURE.
*Set-up/Clean-up Fees vary by event.
**Payment of additional fee for access to exhibits is required with individual room rentals that include child guests during open hours.
Prices subject to change without notice
Looking to host your child's birthday party? Please see our Celebrate brochure for options.
Child parties must be booked using pre-set packages or book a full museum rental.
Extras for Rentals (order at least one week before event)
Some extras may only be available with rental of specific room(s)
- Large 14" 2-topping Toppers pizza (6 servings each - 2 pizza minimum): $10 each
- 15-piece Jimmy John's Party Platter (ham, turkey, & veggie available): $35 each
- Dairy Queen Ice cream cake (12-14 servings): $20 each
- Lemonade/Water + cups: 75¢ per person
- Stuff-your-own mini plush: $5.50 each
- Temporary Tattoo Station (face painting/tattoos): $15 per hour
- Silly Smart Selfie Station (backdrop & props): $10 per hour
- Access to exhibits (included with full museum rentals & required for rentals with children during open hours): $5 per person
We can provide, tables, chairs, and a variety of other equipment on request pending availability - please see brochure for a full list of items or contact us if there is something specific you are looking for.
- Full payment of base rental fee is due at registration. Adjustments will be made on date of the event. Extras must be ordered at least one week prior to event. We accept Cash, Check, Discover, Visa and Mastercard.
- Cancellations made more than 10 days before event will be fully refunded. The Museum will retain $25 for cancellations made within 10 days of event date.
- The Children's Museum requires at least one responsible adult per 5 children to supervise at all times while in the Museum.
- Rented rooms are intended for functions that are invitation only. Prior approval is required for fundraising or for-profit activities. Children's parties must be booked using pre-set packages or as full museum rentals (see "Celebrate" brochure for options).
- Prior approval is required for outside food/beverage during regular museum hours and some restrictions may apply. An extra fee or deposit may be required.
- You are responsible for general clean up and trash disposal before you leave.
- Arrange to arrive early for set-up if needed. 15 minutes is allowed after your rental time ends to finish cleaning and packing up.
Rentals may not be scheduled online at this time.
Please contact Hannah at 608-784-2652 or Hannah@funmuseum.org with questions or to schedule your rental.