PLAY it Forward campaign
Learn more about the value of children's museums in this article "Why We Need Children's Museums" by Richard Rende, PhD.
PLAY it forward is a special campaign to refurbish and re-imagine the museum from the inside out to prepare for the next million visitors. We have reached our $2 million campaign goal! THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL DONORS!
RECENT ADDITIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS:
- Refurbished Me & My Shadow (sponsored by Steve Shultz & Cindy Hart)
- Adaptive items for visitors with autism and sensory issues (sponsored by the Mary Grace Sieber Fund of the La Crosse Community Foundation)
- Doodle Dots big "lite brite" (sponsored by Marine Credit Union)
- Bernoulli Blower, Twisted and new pin screen (sponsorships available)
- New EyePlay games and equipment (sponsored by Gundersen Health System)
- Interactive cash register (sponsored by Kwik Trip Inc.)
- Building exterior updated with colorful circles
- A milking, mooing cow (sponsored in honor of Donald E. Mahr)
- Indoor and outdoor renovations have been made and more are planned for next year (sponsored by an anonymous donor, PMG Foundation, and Altra Federal Credit Union)
- We finally have a designated Employee and volunteer break room (sponsored by Fowler & Hammer).
- Additions to our endowment fund from The Elmwood Foundation and the PMG Foundation will support continued access for economically disadvantaged families.
- A one-of-a-kind, multi-level Cleary-Kumm Luckey Climber was installed in January of 2018.
Stay tuned for . . .
- A toddler playhouse (sponsored by Coulee Bank) and more new items (sponsored by The Temte Family) will be added to the Wiggles & Giggles area for ages 0-4.
- A timeline will show the 20-year history of the Children’s Museum of La Crosse (sponsored by Citizens State Bank).
- The words and graphics will be changed on the “My Story By Me” exhibit (sponsored by Trust Point Inc.)
- Improvements and additions are coming to the Mighty Mississippi exhibit area (sponsored by Brennan Marine).
- An exhibit to include rolling and racing fun will be added (sponsored by the Monica Phillips Foundation and the Mike & Renee Redman Family).
- An interactive “Bye Bye” button will make leaving the Museum almost as much fun as arriving (sponsored in memory of Jack Edwards).
- AND MORE!!!