Lend a Hand! Volunteers are an important part of the Children's Museum team
The Children’s Museum of La Crosse welcomes friendly volunteers, age 14 and older, who appreciate the power of play and enjoy interacting with children and families. There are ongoing and special volunteer opportunities, scheduling options and commitment levels available on weekdays, weekends and some evenings. The Children's Museum is also a fun place for groups to volunteer together.
ONGOING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Summer Camp Helpers: Supervise young campers and help with themed, hands-on activities. See camp brochure for details.
- General Cleaning & Exhibit Maintenance: Are you a handy man/woman? Love to fix and clean things? Use your skills to repair, paint, scrub, polish and keep the museum looking fresh and working well.
- Birthday Buddies: Help children celebrate their birthdays at the Museum by assisting our staff as an enthusiastic host/hostess. Lend a hand with games, serve birthday cake and lemonade, greet guests, and clean-up. Most parties are on weekends and last an hour and a half.
- Wacky Week/Weekenders: Pick any block of time during open hours (Tuesday-Saturday 10 am to 5 pm and Sundays noon to 5 pm) to assist with face painting, temporary tattoos, crafts, games or Mt. LeKid Climbing Wall; interact with guests; pick up exhibit areas; etc.
- Time & Talents: Pick any block of time during open hours (Tuesday-Saturday 10 am to 5 pm and Sundays noon to 5 pm) to share your special talent with our visitors. Do you play an instrument, tell stories, sing, dance, juggle, make balloon animals...?
SPECIAL EVENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
"We all had a blast volunteering last week! I'd have to call it a draw to determine who had more fun, us or the kids! Keep us in mind for future events, our group is always looking for volunteer hours! Thank You!"