We absolutely loved everything about the party! Great staff, perfect timing and execution...well done overall. We love the new climber too! I appreciate your making the whole event so easy and fun for us. It was a dream come true for my daughter! -Missy R.
after-hours hullabaloo (5:30-7:30 pm)
$300.00 Museum Members / $375.00 Non-Members
Get the Children’s Museum to yourselves for a birthday, family reunion, company party, school event, or any celebration!
The Hullabaloo Package Includes:
- The entire 3 floors of Museum exhibits to yourselves for 2 hours!
- Fun for up to 150 people (please include hosts or any staff of your event in count).
- Lower level party room with seating for 30 (large groups will have to rotate in/out to eat)
- Option to bring in your own food, refreshments, and tableware. Some limitations apply. All food & drink must stay in the party room.
This package does not include organized activities, decorations, refreshments, or tableware. Drinking water is available.
Hullabaloo parties can be held on any day (pending availability) from 5:30-7:30 pm.
daytime birthday party
Daytime birthday parties will be available on Saturdays and Sundays.
$150 Museum Members / $225 Non-Members
Each party includes:
- Museum admission for up to 20 guests (adults and children). $8/extra guest beyond 20 included. Party adults are expected to supervise children at all times. At least 1 adult per 5 children required.
- Up to 1 1/2 hours in our private party room plus unlimited playtime during open hours until the Museum closes at 5 pm (we can store your gifts during your playtime)
- Photo backdrop and birthday throne in party room (bring your camera!)
Daytime parties are limited to a maximum of 30 people (included and extra) due to room capacity - book a Hullabaloo party for larger groups.
Daytime Birthday Party Times: Saturdays & Sundays 9:30-11:00 am, 12:30-2:00 pm or 3:00-4:30 pm
Choose the day and time for your party room time from the options above (pending availability) and plan to explore the Museum before and/or after, with your adult chaperones providing supervision, during regular hours.
Important notes for all party packages:
- Payment of the base party fee is due in full at registration. Any necessary adjustments and payment for extras will be made on date of party. We accept cash, check, and major credit cards.
- Cancelations made more than 10 days before party will be fully refunded. The Museum will retain $25.00 for cancelations made within 10 days before party date, unless party is rescheduled.
- You may arrange to arrive up to 30 minutes early for set-up if needed and will have 15 minutes after party ends to finish cleaning & packing up belongings.
- At least one adult (age 16+) is required per every 5 children and must supervise children at all times in all areas of the museum.
- Arrange for catering/food delivery (pizzas and subs work well), or bring in your own food (and plates, cups, utensils, napkins, etc.) No alcohol or red beverages.
- All food/beverages must be consumed in lower-level party room. You are responsible for throwing trash in provided receptacles.
- To minimize food waste, please plan to bring unconsumed food home with you.
- You may bring your own tabletop decorations/balloons, but we do not allow confetti, piñatas, or taping/fastening anything to the walls, windows, doors, or ceilings
We recommend booking at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure availability as dates can fill quickly. If your desired date and time is not shown or shows SOLD OUT online, contact us - we still may be able to accommodate your request, pending other events and staff availability.
Please call 608-784-2652 or Info@funmuseum.org with questions or to schedule.
comments from past party hosts:
“Museum staff made an event that is normally stressful for us quite a breeze! I would recommend a Children's Museum birthday party to anyone looking for a stress-free, super fun party for the whole family to enjoy."
"Our hullabaloo experience was utterly amazing. From the extremely friendly staff to the amazing volunteers, our party was flawless. Everyone who attended is still talking about how much fun they had. This party will not be forgotten by anyone and most importantly the birthday boy had the time of his life. Thank you for helping me make his dreams come true! You all were MORE than amazing....the most accommodating, easy to work with group that I've ever dealt with. I am sure this won't be our last party with you!!!"
"My son LOVES The Children's Museum, so choosing to have his birthday party there was a no-brainer. All of our guests enjoyed themselves, especially the guest of honor. The party staff did a great job of acknowledging him and making him feel special. Thank you for such a memorable party!"
Cancelations made more than 10 days before party will be fully refunded. The Museum will retain $25.00 for cancelations made within 10 days of party date, unless party is rescheduled.
Arrange for catering/food delivery (pizzas and subs work well) or bring in your own food (and plates, cups, utensils, napkins, etc.) No alcohol or red beverages. All food and beverages (other than water) must be kept and consumed in the party room.
At the end of your party room time, you are responsible for putting all trash in the supplied container and taking all food/beverage leftovers home with you.
What decorations do you provide? Can we bring our own?
Our private room for birthday bashes offers a festive setting with a birthday throne and a backdrop for fun photos!
You may bring your own tabletop decorations, but we do not allow taping or fastening anything to the walls, windows, doors or ceilings.
No piñatas or confetti or glitter. Our birthday bashes often run back-to-back so time will be limited for any extra decorating.
The whole museum is full of fun and bright colors for your event!
No. Your adults are responsible for supervising children at all times and in all areas of the museum.
If some of our guests are Museum members, can they attend our party at no charge?
No. Parties are special events that include more than Museum admission. All children (over 12 months) and adults attending your party will count towards the guest total. If a child guest’s parent and sibling/s are not attending your birthday/themed bash and want to play in the Museum while their child attends your party, they may check in under their membership or pay regular admission.
Do you provide party invitations?
Yes. After your party is confirmed, you are welcome to print this invitation, just fold and add your party details, then send them to your guests. You can also use our fill-in-the-blank thank you notes.